Some really interesting stats to chew on after just a few games:
- The Thunder are third in the league in points allowed per game (86) and third in defensive rating (95.2 pts/100 possessions).
- The Thunder are 10th in the league in FG% at 47.4% and 6th in 3fg% at 40%.
- 10th in assists.
- 12th in blocks.
- 20th in turnovers-we were numero uno last year.
- 3rd in FG% allowed at 38.9%
- 5th in 3FG% allowed at 24.2%
- 8th slowest team in the league. Last season we were the 7th fastest. Keep an eye on this this season.
- We are top half of the league offensively in 3 out of the “four factors”, the one we are missing on is offensive rebounds. Curiously offensive rebounding was one of our strengths last year.
- We are top half in 3 out of 4 defensive four factors, the outlier being getting to the line and hitting the freebies (fta/ftm).
- Kevin Durant is tied for 5th in the league in field goal attempts at 43.
- Thabo is tied for second in the league in 3 point FG% at 75% (3/4 on the season).
- Westbrook is fifth in the league in assists with 23 in two games. The four above him are Rondo, Nash, Baron Davis and Lebron. He’s also third in the league in Assists/game and Assists %.
- Here’s a weird one: Earl Watson is third in the league in effective Field Goal percent (.864) and second in True shooting percent (.862).
- Etan Thomas is 4th in the league in block percent (the percentage of the opponent’s shots that he blocked while he was on the court) with 8.1%.
- Kevin Durant is third in minutes played per game at 42.5.
None of this means anything at all after just two games. It’s just a conversation starter until Portland comes to town. Enjoy!