Here’s an early afternoon recap of the trade rumors circling about involving Oklahoma City. I’ll update this throughout the day when more surface. Also, if you’re not going to Toby Keith’s, follow along with me as I do another wildly popular live draft diary of tonight’s events. It will be life-changing.
1:35 PM CST
- OKC and Indiana’s deal is dead, but the Thunder are now working with New Orleans to move up to No. 11, DX reports. OKC is using picks No. 18 and 21 as bait.
- However, Adrian Wojnarowski just reported the Thunder haven’t been successful in its efforts.
- Woj says the Hornets want to attach a contract to the deal, like Mo Peterson’s. Hmm, I remember someone hatching up this scenario one time… But then again, I also said OKC probably wouldn’t make a deal before draft day, so keep in mind here, I’m not really that smart.
- Chad Ford says the Thunder are actively interested at both Gordon Hayward and Cole Aldrich if they move up. He also says Larry Sanders, Daniel Orton, Solomon Alabi and Eric Bledsoe are in the mix if they don’t.
- Ford also said teams are “smoke-screening” with Orton. It’s looking more likely like he’ll definitely be around at 21 and there’s a strong possibly he’ll be there at 26. But it’s unlikely Orton will slip to the second round.
- Doug Gottlieb said today on air, that the Thunder possibly might be drafting someone for the Clippers for a future trade, hence the chatter about Gordon Hayward. So whoever OKC takes at 10 or 11 (assuming they get there), if you go, “Huh?” keep in mind the Thunder might be moving him shortly.
- I just want to point out that super-duper smart NBA guy Ryen Russillo likes Andy Rautins as a second round sleeper. See, I’m not THAT crazy.
UPDATE (3:29 PM CST):
- DX reports the OKC and NOLA talks are dead in the water, but the Thunder are now looking at Memphis (12) and Toronto (13).
- The Bulls are sending No. 17 and Kirk Hinrich to the Wizards, Ric Bucher reports.