The Thunder won a thriller in their fourth game of the Orlando Summer League, topping the Nets 87-86 to improve to 2-2.
However, no one of relative interest played in the game for the Thunder, especially since the 15th and final roster spot has already been handed out with Oklahoma City signing Hollis Thompson. But still, people ran around on a basketball court wearing Thunder logos so I guess I should have something to say about it, right?
A few thoughts:
- As mentioned, Cole Aldrich, Reggie Jackson and Lazar Hayward didn’t play, along with Perry Jones. Aldrich and Jackson were taking the day off and likely will play Friday while Hayward was said to have flu-like symptoms
- Hasheem Thabeet, who has officially signed and is part of the team, did not play and won’t on Friday either.
- Latavious Williams is way bigger than I thought. After he finished that steal and dunk, the camera zoomed in on him and he’s stout. I was hoping for a bigger game from him since he was kind of going to be a focal point, but only had four points and four rebounds in 21 minutes.
- Dwight Buycks everybody! The small point guard showed up big with 22 points and five assists.
- Gary McGhee, who started in place of Aldrich, somehow managed zero rebounds in 19 minutes. For a 6-10 guy playing center, how is that even possible?
- Thabeet appears to be a big fan of hats. He wears them extremely straight forward, with no tilt and no bend in the bill. He’s the Lazar Hayward of hat wearing it seems.
- Despite all the roster guys not playing, Kent Bazemore has still yet to see action in Summer League. Ouch.