Harry How/NBAE/Getty Images
The facts are this:
- The Thunder lost today to the Lakers, 105-96.
- The Thunder are now 34-11, the Lakers are now 19-25.
- The Thunder are 2-1 against the Lakers this season.
- The Thunder were playing their last game of a long road trip.
- The Lakers seemed to put a whole lot into winning this one.
- The Thunder didn’t perform well, most notably Russell Westbrook who shot just 6-22 from the floor.
- The Lakers appeared to play extremely well, most notably Kobe Bryant who was completely brilliant setting up teammates while picking his spots.
But there’s also this fact that most Thunder fans will try to ignore will citing the above: Losing to the Lakers sucks. On national TV in those now-seeming-kind-of-terrible alternate uniforms, the Thunder didn’t execute and didn’t defend. Losing to LA is different than losing to the Wizards or Hawks. It just is. And it causes a whole different level of instant reaction and response. Keep Reading…