1. Thunder rocks Loud City; New York is next
2. I am Thunder loud and Oklahoma proud
3. Gonna wear my Thunderwear in Times Square
My vote went to No. 3 for really no good reason. I’m sure Berry Tramel agreed with me. But this little promotion has picked up a little national attention. Deadspin had something on it today under the headline, “The OKC Thunder fans are adorable, kinda dumb.” Gee thanks! I really thought we were getting past the “Pick on the new guy” phase, but I guess not. I guess I shouldn’t say anything about their poorly worded headline, should I?
Of course, the commenters then took over and tried their hand at seven clever words. And I must say, I wish I could have my vote back. A few favorites:
- “I am suicidal. Please let me win.”
- “Pick me! I’m a man! I’m 40!”
- [insert George Carlin's Seven Dirty Words]
- “Kidnapped in garage. Saw contest. Please help.”
But as you would expect there were some, let’s call them poo-poo heads, that made the typical “Oklahomas iz stoopid!!2!1!” or “You live in Oklahoma!” jokes, but also a few about April 19th. Not cool at all. That’s why a lot of people have issues with Deadspin. Because of crap like that. Oh well. Some people are just… well, poo-poo heads.
But anyway, vote away. I really thought my “Please Blake Griffin Blake Griffin Blake Griffin” had a chance. Guess not.