When it’s August, and you’re an NBA fan, schedule release day is like Christmas. It’s something to talk about, something to think about and more importantly, something to write about. So let’s have a look at the important parts of the Thunder’s 2010-11 schedule.
Five must see home games
1. Lakers, Feb. 27. The Thunder only gets the Lakers one time at home this year and it’s a Sunday game at 1:30 on ABC. If there’s going to be a toughest ticket for this season, it’ll be this game. Maybe OKC will bust out the Sea of Blue just for one regular season game this year.
2. Heat, Jan. 30. Like LA, Miami only comes to the Ford Center once this year. It’s the other network television game for the Thunder and of course Wade, LeBron and Bosh will be the draw. Plus, as we’ve covered ’round these parts, it’ll be a bit of the good guys and the bad guys in this game. Nothing would be sweeter than a Thunder win behind a huge game from KD.
3. Bulls, Oct. 27. The Thunder kicks off ESPN’s season with a home game against Chicago. Besides the fact it’s the home opener, it should be a good game against good teams. And any time Russell Westbrook goes head-to-head with Derrick Rose, I’m watching.
4. Denver, Dec. 25. Christmas Day games in the NBA are THE spotlight in the NBA. And not only are the Thunder in that game, but they’re in primetime in a huge game against a division rival.
5. Utah, March 23. Last year, a late-season road loss to the Jazz dropped the Thunder down the Western ranks and basically sealed OKC’s fate for eighth. Now the tables could turn with a home game against Utah late in March with potential seeding on the line. Tony Brothers joke goes here. Keep Reading…